Monday, May 3, 2010

The Morning After

On Mondays, we will share uplifting and inspirational topics to help set the tone for the rest of our week.



I used to say that the worst thing about Friday is Monday was two days away…I know, what a depressing thing to say! So, I thought for my inaugural blog, I would reverse this way of thinking and give us a reason to celebrate Mondays!

When I think of celebrations, I think of things like cake, confetti, music and happy people. The Great Recession has left many people feeling like anything but celebratory. Why? Because sometimes life leads us down a depressing path, and we are unable to celebrate Friday (present) because we dread Monday (the future).

But, what if we challenge ourselves to embrace the future, despite what we presently see? This requires facing our fears, and we all know that the false evidence appearing real is nothing more than a jealous person who does not want the best for you, resents your courage and wants your life to make them comfortable. Fear paralyzes, so take action today if you want to defeat your fears.

There is a line in a gospel song by John P. Kee which says, “All of my problems I will outlast!” Now, isn’t that the truth?! Tell me, where are you today, and where is that problem you thought would never end? Can you think of at least one reason to celebrate today? I know I can think of several: I am above ground; I have a promising future; I am blessed with everything I need; I am a healthy, vibrant woman; I can make choices that propels me towards fulfilling my purpose in life.

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. We ask ourselves, ‘Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?’ Actually, who are you not to be?" Marianne Williamson

Share your thoughts and have a Magnificient Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment